SMART BETA TRAININGIntroductory Smart Beta Training Class
Participants will receive 14 CPE credits.
Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are included in your tuition of $1,895 (early bird pricing expires April 23rd).
Also Available: Blockchain & BitcoinBlockchain & Bitcoin Training Class
Smart Beta Class Outline
This hands-on two day course deals with the emerging investments area of Smart Beta. Smart Beta ETFs are attracting record levels of ETFs and are used by industry leaders like Blackrock and DFA. The 2013 Nobel Prize in economics was based in part on work done around Smart Beta. This course covers smart beta strategies and the background theory in factor models, as well as the tools to evaluate new strategies in the space. Finally risks and emerging developments in Smart Beta are covered investing including the risks associated with the increasingly prominent group of ETFs being used to bring Smart Beta to the masses.
Individuals in investment related professions who want to enhance their positions in investment management, asset management, portfolio management, and hedge funds. Course requires knowledge of the capital markets and financial accounting statements. Experience with financial data analysis is recommended but not required. A financial calculator is required. (Texas Instruments BA II Plus will be taught.) At times, Excel techniques will be demonstrated, but not taught.
- Explain the evolution of smart beta products and messaging
- Understand the proliferation of weighting schemes and the challenges this presents investors
- Describe the most relevant and interesting weighting schemes
- Explain the dangers of describing factors in a simplistic fashion
- Describe a rigorous approach for developing a factor map
- Describe the equity market, illiquidity, momentum, low beta, small cap and quality factors
- Discuss the rules-based quantitative investment strategies as used in industry
- Explain factor model strategies and the theory behind them
- Apply investment analysis techniques to quantitative investing strategies